I got such a great response from my last Sexy Tip article, 10 Simple Tips to Keep it Sexy. Now it’s time to turn up the heat for all the moms in the house who need a list that’s a bit more specific and creative.
Over the last 14 months of having my little Earth Angel around, I’ve been taking notes on some simple tips and tricks I use to keep things hot hot HOT in my marriage.
Here are 10 Simple Tips to Keep it Sexy… For Moms:
Oh, and if you purchase anything through my Amazon links I’ll make some money to ACTUALLY go on a date night… sans any kiddos!
10. Pick a day… or five! Let’s be honest. When you have kids, sex is more scheduled than spontaneous. Instead of going weeks without the big “O”, decide on an attainable number of nights you can get it on each week and schedule them. We have two specific nights a week we plan (cough cough) “mommy and daddy time”. I know the entire day what’s coming so I have plenty of time to wear my son out, bathe him, and get him tucked into bed before daddy comes home. Bonus? When you still have that third spontaneous night!
9. Move your kid back into the crib. Before I get up on my pedestal about this, let me just say that The Babe slept with us from age 6 months to 14 months. We are literally a week into having our bed back to ourselves… and it’s glorious I know it’s hard to let the snuggles go, but it’s time to upgrade to adult snuggles! Here’s a book I recommend if you need advice on Sleep Training. Not an option for you just yet? I now refer you to number 8.
8. Embrace the Pack ‘N Play. We don’t all have time for a long sexcapade BUT we can all make time for a quickie, right? Don’t be afraid to plop your kid in the Pack ‘N Play for 10-15 minutes while you excuse yourself to your boudoir. I promise you he/she is going to be OK for a few minutes. Put on their favorite episode of Barney, give them a bottle and slip out for as long as you can. And to the first time moms out there, it’s OK if they cry for a few minutes 😉
7. Sext. Yes, I said it. I told you I’m not your typical “Mom Blog”! With little ears picking up even the sound of a dang dog whistle, sometimes we’ve got to get creative. While your hubby’s at work or even when he’s right in the room, shoot him a sexy text letting him know just how much you love his ___ or what you’re going to do to him later that night. For all you feeling uncomfortable with this, remember you can be as sweet or feisty as you want. The point is, have fun!
6. Surprise him! The best part of sex is the build up. You know, when you’re at dinner and you both know when you get home it’s game on… you’re squirming in your seat with anticipation. Send him to work with an extra “treat” in his brown bag to let him know you’ve got plans for him tonight! It’s so fun waiting for that text or call during the day around lunch time when he finally see’s your extra “gift”. You can put whatever you want in there! Fill out a Position of The Day Postcard or slip in a card from your Sex Deck for fun. A pretty (new) thong is always a great side to go with his sandwich??
5. Use code words. Oh, this is fun! My favorite thing about my marriage is My Man and I love to LAUGH. Laughing is sexy… we can’t be serious all the time. To keep things spicy, come up with some fun code words for each others private parts, your fav forplay, etc. You can toss them around during the day without fear that your little one is tracking with you. Spelling sexy words out loud is always fun too, although sometimes that’s too much work for my mommy brain!
4. “Cop A Feel.” Yes, you heard right! When your kids aren’t looking JUST GRAB SOMETHING! I love it when My Man smacks my derrier unexpectedly. Is that TMI? LOL. Mom… I hope you’re not reading this…
3. Baby-Swap. If you read my 30 (Non-Cheesy) Date Ideas then you know one of my tips for the parentals out there is to drop your kids off with family or a close friend for a few hours and instead of going to the movies or dinner for your date night, rush back home and GET IT ON! Seriously, this is awesome. You get to re-live your kid-free days of leisure. No need to keep quiet when you’re home alone 😉 Make sure you return the favor by taking a kid off someone else’s hands for a night!
2. Be nice. Why is it that we treat those we love the worst? We think that just because they’ve “accepted us for who we really are” and have signed on for life that we can “be free” and say/do whatever comes to mind. WRONG! Who wants to have sex with a grouchy, short-tempered, mean woman? Even if you’ve had a hard day, don’t take it out on your man. Love him the way you want to be loved. It pays off for all involved!
1. Stay sexy. This is my numero uno tip for all the mamas out there. It is so dang hard to keep up your appearance when you’re a mom. At the end of the day we just want to unwind, take off our bra and eat cake. (Or is that just me??) But you and I both know you’ll feel so sexy for your man when you take the extra 20 minutes before he gets home to hop in the shower, shave, paint on a tinge of makeup and slip on a cute dress. You don’t have to go to extremes… just make the extra attempt to look and feel beautiful. It will turn him on AND make you feel sexy during the big bang.
Take off your mom hat tonight… and get naked.
Show some love! Leave a comment below with one of your own sexy tips for moms! Also, feel free to pin on your Pinterest boards!
Photo courtesy of Wife.Mom.Superwoman