I feel the need to admit that I just don’t have it all together… at least not all the time. I’ve felt like a failure this past week and while I know I’m a “Superwoman”, even a superwoman has her flaws. Here are 10 of mine:
1. I don’t like cooking. I mean… AT ALL. Which I guess can roll into my next point…
2. I don’t cook. My poor husband ate a sandwich and bowl of soup last night. Yes, that’s the same day I even wrote him that sappy love letter. Poor guy.
3. I get really tired of saying “no” all the time. In fact, sometimes it makes me want to jump off a cliff (don’t worry, I won’t). I have a 15-month-old boy. Need I say more?
4. I don’t clean my shower nearly enough. Don’t worry I do it when company comes. Mom… you’re coming for Christmas, right?
5. I wash our laundry every other week. We live in L.A. That means we don’t have a washer/dryer in our own apartment. Duh. (And yes, that means we own a LOT of underwear.)
6. Sometimes, I curse at other drivers. (#!!@*# <– at least The Babe doesn’t understand it yet!?)
7. I am terrible about returning phone calls. I hate this about myself. I promise, I don’t want y’all to stop calling!
8. I don’t read my Bible enough. No jokes here… I seriously need to regroup! This is probably causing #6. Sad face.
9. I skip the Mommy&Me group when they meet on the West Side of L.A. Once again (!!!) I’m trying to stop doing #6 and sitting in 1.5 hour traffic to get to a play date is majorly screwing with my attempts at not swearing. Trying to choose the lesser of two evils??
10. I just made a list of 10 things that I suck at. I’m way too hard on myself. Can you relate?
Thanks for letting me vent about my imperfections for a moment. It’s good to take off the mask and remember that we’re all a little messy and in need of prayer, encouragement and the occasional chocolate bar. We do a million things wrong… but there’s a lot we do right. Let’s give ourselves a break today and thank God for our imperfections. Being perfect is boring (and impossible).
Now, to go grab that chocolate bar… Hey wait, what do you suck at?
If you like this article you’ll LOVE 10 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Today!
Photo courtesy of CandyBox Images via fotolia